Wednesday, April 26, 2006

At the show and after

Again, I have to share this email a few of us received from Pusha:

"How am I feeling today? Ek kothaye proud! [In one word, Proud!] This time the show gave me an opportunity to work with some of the most wonderful individuals that I did not get to work with in the past. I only got to capture the first few minutes of the show. I saw everyone line up with “Ami Banglaye Gaan Gai” playing in the background and that was it. I came out of the auditorium with tears rolling down my cheeks as it brought back many fond memories of 2003. AK is a reflection of everyone’s hard work, their dreams, and their passion for music and it gives a true meaning to what team work is all about. The fact is, I did not need to see the rest of the show because I was happy and fulfilled within the first few minutes. It allowed me to work very closely with two of AK’s soldiers this time: Tuhin/”kash” and Sujan Kabir. While everyone did their best, I will not even attempt to thank people because that is something only Taps is good at, but I do have to say a few words about some of the individuals that made an impression during that weekend.

Tuhin/”kash”: The more pressure, the more calm you get. I have never met anyone who can remain so focused and composed under so much pressure (Taps, don’t fire me for telling the truth! he he he)…I think you should forget Red Roof Inn, and consider yourself an employee at the Shaptaak Inn!

Sujan Kabir: We were really the “bad guys” at the show. But you were absolutely terrific at handling everything that day, most certainly better than me! I had no choice but to direct people to you! he he he..

Sohini: Thank you so much for your kind words and a big hug backstage. Yes, once again that day, your words brought tears to my eyes.

Audi: The only one who noticed that I didn’t get to eat and got dinner for me. Thank you!

Abhijeet/Naina: Thank you for making sure I was not lost on friday and for calling me up every few minutes to check..how sweet :-)

Taps: Thank you for the opportunity that allows me to meet such great people. I may not always be able to make it to all the fun parties, but you can always count on me at other times when I’m needed.

Lots of love,
P :-)

- Pusha Karim,
on behalf of Amra Kojon

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, how do you stay so calm Tuhin bhai? This is amazing and we can all learn from you :)

A HUGE Thanks to everyone for making the show such a success!

Dina

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dearest Pusha,
I'm sure I'm not the only one to think this, but I'm bloody proud of you too. The whole experience of this show truly was fun, and I'm glad I was around to give you that backstage hug. Hmmm.....When else did my words bring tears to your eyes? I'd been meaning to e-mail you to say that I wish I'd had a better opportunity to talk with your other half and express my gratitude for his patience in having us hijack his wife. He must appreciate how much we all count on you because we know we can. I hope you get to make it to other fun parties....like maybe one in London. ;)
Much love from this side of the pond....


P.S. Tuhin Bhai really is a calm one (at least on the outside) under increasing pressure. I'm so impressed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home