Monday, April 17, 2006

Shoes and cold feet

I was chatting with Pusha today and marvelling at the joy of being able to do that in person again. We were talking about what great team spirit AK has. When Taps tells us that no one gets to wear shoes on stage, there is no argument about whose feet will get cold and whatnot. We understand that we are being told to maintain the uniformity of the team. We understand, without being told, that those who look shorter without their heels will just stand in the front. There is no room for grandstanding, but that does not mean that we just accept what is said without independent thought.

Taps asked me to sing songs of his choice for the show. Upon learning that I was tired of singing the same songs over and over again, he allowed me to present alternatives until one met with his and Sujan Bhai's approval. What was implicit for all of us was that I would sing the original selection if nothing else worked because others were already singing similar songs or if the music would be too hard to coordinate at this stage. I had no problem with that, and Taps certainly didn't. I appreciated that Taps was willing to listen to me and understood my desire to do something different and thus more interesting to me. At the end of the day, though, we do what's best for the team, and that goes for all of us. We look out for one another and we welcome with open arms, people who understand and appreciate the concept of teamwork. It seems that all my blog entries about about how we are family. We really are lucky to have more than one each.

- Sohini Alam,
on behalf of Amra Kojon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home